- We’re proud to be a part of the Co-operative Fund of New England’s Annual Report, both as an investor and with Member Co-ops Simple Diaper and Linen, Toolbox for Education and Social Action and Collective Copies.
- VAWC is part of David Morgan’s article – Worker-Owned Co-operatives: Democracy in Action – on truthout.org that features our Interco-operative Development Fund and participation in Co-operative Enterprise Collaborative.
- Simple Diaper and Linen‘s Angela Gregory and VAWC Staff are a spot on The Bill Newman Show on WHMP about Simple’s expanded service area, new location in Holyoke and upcoming Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with the Mayor of Holyoke. Click on the Bill Newman link above, scroll to the show on 2.18.13 and, if you like, fast forward to 42:28.
- Four VAWC Member Co-ops are mentioned in the Co-operative Fund of New England’s Winter 2013 Newsletter, including Simple Diaper and Linen on the front cover.
- The Springfield Republican covers the launch of VAWC’s Interco-operativeDevelopment Fund in this article.
- The Toolbox for Education and Social Action‘s joining VAWC gets a spot in the United States Federation of Worker Co-ops newsletter.
Learning about how we pooled our resources and developed a shared strategy is as important as the activities we perform. We encourage you to read Erbin Crowell’s Masters Thesis on VAWC Exploring Co-op Led Development.
For more worker co-operative press visit the United States Federation of Worker Co-op’s Media page.
- Co-ops hit the airwaves! Listen to two educational spots VAWC Member Co-ops sponsored on WRSI The River. The first is on Co-op Values, sponsored by Gaia Host, Co-op 108 and TESA (along with the Valley Co-operative Business Association). The second, called Trade Secrets, is sponsored by Collective Copies, Pedal People, Brattleboro Holistic Health Center and Simple Diaper and Linen.
- In this podcast from The Bill Newman Show (It’s the 10.26.12 show) VAWC is joined by representatives of Brattleboro Food Co-op, Real Pickles, River Valley Market and Old Creamery Co-op talking about our co-ops, shared model and the International Year of Co-operatives.
- VAWC mentioned in this Truth Out article written by Boone Shear and Stephen Healy focused on our development as an alliance and our educational programming.
- VAWC mentioned in this Green Living article written by Erbin Crowell – Executive Director of the Neighboring Food Co-op Association – about the International Year of Co-ops and the ground swell of co-operatives in our region.
- VAWC mentioned in this truthout.org article, written by members of TESA, about the solutions Co-operatives of all types offer. This also ran in Exploded View.
- VAWC Celebrates a New Member! The River Valley Market published our press release about the Toolbox for Education and Social Action joining VAWC in their Summer 2012 Newsletter on page 10.
- VAWC mentioned in this Co-operative News article about the Neighboring Food Co-op Association’s cross sector collaboration that features our work together in the UMass Co-operative Enterprise Collaborative. Written by Erbin Crowell. This article was featured in Cooperative Grocer, Issue 160 June 2012. Click here to subscribe.
- VAWC mentioned in this important truthout.org article opening a new perspective on Occupy Wall Street and co-operatives. By Stephen Healy and Boone Shear.
- VAWC in radio spots for Co-op education! VAWC co-sponsored educational spots for Co-op Month in 2011: Co-operating, Economic Impact, Origins, and Values.
- VAWC hits the airwaves on Bill Newman’s show, joining River Valley Market, Neighboring Food Co-op Association and Greenfield Farmer’s Exchange. Click here and scroll down to October 12. Or you can click here to download.
VAWC and Valley Green Feast Collective are featured in the September\October 2011 issue of Co-operative Business Journal’s Developing Views.
The Co-operative Fund of New England has VAWC’s Co-operative Development Fund and VAWC’s mostrecent conversion, Brattleboro Holistic Health Center in their August E-news.
- VAWC’s Resolution on the International Year of the Co-op is mentioned in Erbin Crowell’s article in Green Energy Times, which is also printed in Cooperative Grocer‘s July/August issue.
- VAWC’s co-op led and funded development model is featured in an article in Grassroots Economic Organizing’s summer issue: Advancing Development of Worker Co-operatives.
- The April 25 Hampshire Daily Gazette covers Valley Green Feast Collective‘s conversion, VAWC’s support and announcement of their special event at Food For Thought Books Collective.
- Valley Green Feast Collective and VAWC’s curriculum at UMASS hit the pages of the U.S. Federation of Worker Co-op’s April, 2011 Newsletter.
- VAWC’s Development Model gets a ‘Highlight’ from NBCA’s Co-operative Business Journal’s March April 2011 Co-op News.
- Support Pedal People! As new policy regarding Northampton waste management may leave this co-operative with 2/3 less pick-ups, Bill Dwight brings in two members, Alex and Ruthy, during his episode about Northampton trash, Revolution – and trash – in the air. Listen to the whole show or go to 27:49 in the podcast and leave a comment about what Pedal People means to you!
- Valley Green Feast Collective is featured in this article in American Progressives United Party’s January e-blast. Click here and scroll to our article.
- In partnership with the UMass Co-operative Enterprise Collaborative our Economics of Co-operative Enterprise class at UMass is highlighted in Co-operative Business Journal’s November December 2010 Co-op News.
- Our press release about receiving River Valley Market’s 2010 Austin Miller Award hits the business section of the Daily Hampshire Gazette in September, 2010.
- VAWC’s Pedal People, Pioneer Valley Photovoltaics and Staff Co-ordinator’s award are all in Cooperative Fund of New England’s summer e-newsletter.
- John Curl puts VAWC’s Co-op Led Development: VAWC’s Staff Co-ordinator workshop in his article in the Berkeley Daily Planet introducing the United States Federation of Worker Co-operatives 2010 conference. This article also appears in GEO and Wired.
- Read our press release in July 5th’s Daily Hampshire Gazette about International Day of Co-operatives, 2010 and how our region’s co-ops embody this year’s theme Co-operative Enterprise Empowers Women
- Read Tom Sturm’s May 20, 2010 article in The Valley Advocate about the Pedal People with Ruthy, Ben and Mike -http://www.valleyadvocate.com/article.cfm?aid=11791
- Listen to Ruthy Woodring of Pedal People interviewed by Monty on WRSI. Listen on line- http://www.wrsi.com/pages/3243131.php
- Deb Hobson, of KOPN in Columbia, MO, interviewed Melissa Hoover (USFWC) and Erbin Crowell about the Mondragón/Steelworkers partnership and worker co-operation in the US. Listen online from their archive page. Choose the archive for ‘A Chautauqua’, then click the episode for 2/11/10.
- In PBS’ MediaShift episode focused on the Environmental Impact of Media, Charles of GAIA Host Collective talks about the impact of computers, reducing consumption, and ways GAIA Host works to minimize the impact of their customers’ websites.
- An article in Cooperative Grocer‘s January – February 2010 issue about Mondragón and the United Steelworkers - New opportunity for the co-op and labor movements?, written by Erbin Crowell.
- Pelham Auto, Food For Thought Books and Green Mountain Spinnery give updates to the US Federation of Worker Co-ops November 2009 Newsletter. To read how VAWC co-ops are more accessible through the web and a new publication click here and go to page three.
- Grassroot Economic Organizing’s article about the VAWC Book Project’s upcoming book describing the past, present and future of worker co-operatives in our region in their Fall 2009 issue, by Michael Johnson.
- A letter to the editor in NCBA’s May/June 2009 Cooperative Business Journal written in response to an article and demonstrating how worker collectives own and control their workplaces.
- A CNN Money article featuring Pelham Auto and Ronin Tech Collective.
- The Cooperative Fund of New England announces their support for the VAWC Staff Pilot Project on page 2 of their Summer 2009 newsletter.
- Click here for our piece about the Staff Pilot Project and co-op driven co-op development in the United States Federation of Worker Co-operatives July 2009 Newsletter.
- Read our letter to the editor of Green Living Stephen Morris from September, 2008.
- Check out a Hampshire Gazette Op-Ed by Steve Strimer of Collective Copies from November, 2007.